On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 14:33, Condon Thomas A KPWA wrote:

> emerge vi
>
> it performs all the functions I expect, including telling me that it is
> installed.  But when I:
>
> vi filename
>
> it always results in:
>
> Segmentation Fault

I just compiled vi fine on an unstable x86 system, and it opens
perfectly.  Can you try reducing/eleminating some of your CFLAG
optimizations?  If you're doing something extreme, that might give you a
more stable binary.

Also, although I hate to tell you if it doesn't work use something else,
if you cannot get vi to work would vim/nvi/elvis and the like not work
in place of vi?

--

Alec Berryman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key DFB366F2