Hello.  I'd like to use audacity to do some multitrack audio recording (in
full duplex).  When I start audacity, it immediately dies with a "Segmentation fault".
 I configured ALSA according to the "Gentoo Linux ALSA Guide".  Here are some of the
relevent packages I have installed:

sys-kernel/gs-sources-2.4.21_pre5-r1
media-sound/alsa-driver-0.9.0_rc6
media-sound/alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc6
media-sound/alsa-tools-0.9.0_rc6
media-libs/alsa-oss-0.9.0_rc1
media-sound/audacity-1.1.1-r1

I have tried compiling audacity with both of the following "CFLAGS" settings (I have
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"):
CFLAGS="-march=athlon-xp -O3 -pipe"
CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"

I have tried running audacity under KDE, and also under XFCE (with no extra sound
daemons running).  I have also tried running "modprobe snd-pcm-oss" as root before
running audacity.  How do I get audacity working?  Thanks.

                        -Brian