Hello.

I have gentoo running flawlessly on my machine at home, although I've
had a few sound problems lately.
Permissions in /dev/sound/* are 660 (root.audio), and when I open kde
using a standard account (in audio group), sound works fine.
However, after leaving kde, permissions in the devices get set to 600
(myuser.audio).
If another user tries to enter kde, they get no sound.
I don't know where the issue should be. devfsd.conf permissions are
being set before anything actually uses the device (660, root.audio),
but after using they are lost.

Also, when running xmms in kde (using arts output plugin), the volume
bar does nothing. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,

--
Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora          | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ UIN: 1406477