Just when I thought I had things figured out, I get kicked back to being
a newbie.

I was trying out naim (ncurses based AOL IM Client) and receiving files.
I accepted one and according to naim it was 100% received.

So I check for the file:

$ls -l

-rwx------    1 mellofone users           0 Apr  4 07:51 registrar.bat

It is listed with a size of 0. If I specifically try to list that single
file, I get:

$ ls registrar.bat
ls: registrar.bat: No such file or directory

But it again comes up in a standard directory listing. I can even create
another file with the exact same name (with vi). It then shows both in
the directory listing.

-rw-r--r--    1 mellofone users           5 Apr  4 08:14 registrar.bat
-rwx------    1 mellofone users           0 Apr  4 07:51 registrar.bat

WTF? If I try to delete them both, it only deletes the newly created
file and the old remains. What am I missing?

--
:wq!

  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://www.oddprocess.org