Alexander,

Try "emerge nvidia-glx"

but first make sure that you have enabled MTTR support in your kernel,
rebuilt it and then rebooted.

There is a very good explanation of how to get the accelerated drivers for
nvidia working in the "Desktio Configuration Guide" which is on the gentoo
documentation home page.

Enjoy, I managed to get QuakeIII running on my dual pentium II 550, with a
Riva TNT and it is pretty impresssive under OpenGL, better than OpenGl in
windoze and that;s the truth!

Simon