On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 14:17, Rob Harris wrote:
> ... at home, built from stage1.
>
> Is there an .iso/script/etc somewhere that I can use to figure out what
> packages/updates/etc I will need to build each stage, download them at
> work, and, say burn 'em to a cd, bring em home, and move them somewhere
> where the stage-n installers would find/use them?
>
> Also, as goofy as this sounds, and as awesome as gentoo is, it really
> needs an automated installation tool. I say this, 'cause if the answer to
> my first question is "sorry, no." then it's going to take an entire
> weekend to download, compile and install everything and I can't spend all
> my time babysitting it.

I got dialup.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=2022

Just figure out what you want to install and paste what you want into
one long emerge command after building the basic system and updating
it.

If something breaks, it will stop and wait on you to fix, if it doesn't,
it continues building and installing.

--
Phil
Our 2nd CD: http://www.cdbaby.com/naomisfancy