On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 07:54:27PM +0300, raptor wrote:
> hi,
>
> why when I'm editing at the bash prompt the keys HOME/END dont move the marker at
> begin/end position ?!
> And "DEL" writes "~" instead of deleting the char at which the marker is ?!
>
> how to correct this...

Heh, I've just been through this.

Does this happen on the console or only in X?

If in X, what terminal emulator (xtern, rxvt, gnome-terminal,
konsole, ...) do you use?  What codes do these keys produce (in
concole and X if different)?  To see the codes, type:

<ctrl-v><Home>
<ctrl-v><End>

--
"You are entitled to think what you like, but if you post it here and
 people don't agree with you, you will feel the Hot Gritty Traffic Cone