Hi all,

I've tried the latest 2.4.21-ac kernel sources (both r6 and r7) because
my Compaq Evo N800c needs the latest acpi stuff that's available there.
The system runs fine, but when I do something rather demanding (say,
compiling a kernel, syncing the portage), the system seems to be much
less responsive than the gentoo-2.4.20 that I've used before. The mouse
stops every now and then, and it seems as if the computer almost came to
a halt (for some seconds, not more).

Until now I figured that Linux does state-of-the-art multithreading and
scheduling, so why is it like this? What can I do to change it? Best
regards,

-  Christian

--

Christian Aust