That works because you have a '-march=pentium3' or whatever in your CFLAGS. Unfortunately, in my case, if I put '-mcpu=604' in my CFLAGS, it breaks things. Don't ask me why. I couldn't complete the bootstrap with that in there, and it recommends to leave it out on <http://www.freehackers.org/gentoo/gccflags/flag_gcc3.html>.

Larry Meadors wrote:
Not THAT cross platform, but I did a PII and a PIII, which in THEORY
should be the same thing...

;-)

Larry

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/27/03 3:05 PM >>>

I have Gentoo on 3 of my machines, so far. Two are Athlon machines, the
other is a PPC. The PPC box is only 120 MHz, so I want to use distcc. Has anyone
set up distcc cross-platform under Gentoo?

--
Andrew Gaffney