On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 16:07, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I bought an USB MemoryBird from Fujitsu Siemens. Is that supported under
> Gentoo Linux? I've never heard anything about these devices. Any
> references or experiences?

It's probably supported. You must turn on in kernel configuration 'USB
mass storage support' (and eventually USB suppport if you haven't
already done that). You could also turn on 'Preliminary USB device
support' so that you can see if your device is recognized  (look in
/proc/usb or use the 'usbview' app).
Then you have to mount the partition on your USB device with something
like

/dev/sda1   /mnt/flash   auto   defaults,user,noauto   0 0

in /etc/fstab (the USB partition is seen as a SCSI disk partition).

--
Arturo di Gioia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>