Hi

 have several POP accounts that I want to check/fetch using getmail
(which I believe to be more reliable than fetchmail), then be able to
check those accounts by POPing into the server that I have downloaded
them to.
I have managed to get getmail installed and working (putting retrieved
emails into /home/<user>/mbox but I cannot seem to POP into the account
to check them. I have installed vm-pop3d and can see that it is running
but whenever I try and POP into the 'server' PC I get password errors.
Can anyone help me, or perhaps point me to some documentation on how to
do this?