On 08 Jun 2003 22:25:18 +0000
Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Package Ilisp has xemacs has dependencies but I would like to use it
> with Gnu Emacs instead of xemacs. How can I do that?

>emerge -s ilisp
Searching...
[ Results for search key : ilisp ]
[ Applications found : 2 ]

*  app-emacs/ilisp
      Latest version available: 5.12.0-r1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 240 kB
      Homepage:    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ilisp/
Common Lisp, or other Lisp based languages.

*  app-xemacs/ilisp
      Latest version available: 1.29
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 329 kB
      Homepage:    http://xemacs.org/

So: emerge -p app-emacs/ilisp

There may be a way to globally prioritize emacs packages over xemacs
(/var/cache/edb/virtuals: virtual/editor?), but since I use xemacs
myself I've never bothered with it.

Einar