Hi,

Norberto BENSA wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ date ; echo ${Shawn}
Wednesday 04 June 2003 08:34 pm

Hmm, did you pay yahoo? I get:
"-ERR Error logging in. Please visit http://mail.yahoo.com";

You must have a premium setup. Or maybe you're making a political
statement...

Or he doesn't have a .com account. For example, if you get a yahoo.com.ar, you can use pop, forwarding, and smtp... The wonders of living in Argentina ;-)

Norberto

No premium setup, but it seems I have a "Yahoo! Direct" account. It's in french, I can translate some of the info for you...

You must activate it through the "Transfert et Accès POP" (Maybe something like Mail forward and POP access).

On top of this setup page, the following message is displayed:

"Yahoo! Courriel vous offre désormais encore plus de flexibilité avec deux fonctionnalités gratuites! En tant que membre de Yahoo! Direct (vous avez demandé à recevoir des offres spéciales via Yahoo! Courriel en vous inscrivant ici), vous avez à votre disposition le transfert de messages et l'accès POP à votre compte Yahoo! Courriel. Chacune de ces fonctionnalités est gratuite, et réservée exclusivement aux membres Yahoo! Direct."

It means that when I suscribed to Yahoo!, I asked to receive special offers from Yahoo! Mail. (I do not receive a lot of those, maybe one per month...). This choice gave me access to Yahoo! Direct, which give access to mail forwarding and POP access... It has been configured since september, so I forgot some of the details...

Max