I purchased Win4Lin 5.0 from the Gentoo special offer. I contacted
Netraverse support regarding installation.  They informed me as
follows:

"We are working on getting information from Gentoo on how they expect
their customers to install Win4Lin - we don't have any of this yet as
per our partnership with Gentoo, they do all of the kernel support as
well as repackage Win4Lin for the portage system so their customers can
install Win4Lin as they would install anything else. As soon as we have
information from Gentoo on installation, we will add a FAQ to our
knowledge base. "

I tried installing via the downloaded installer, but it refuses, saying
the kernel is incompatible.  I have a recompiled 2.4.20-gentoo-r5.
Gentoo has 5.0 in

http://cvs.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gentoo-x86/app-emulation/win4lin/win4lin-5.0.1.ebuild

Does that ebuild have the win4lin sources?  Can I (once I learn to use
cvs) use that ebuild, or should I keep trying the installer?  Or
perhaps I'm not making any sense?  If anyone has had sucess with this,
I'd appreciate any advice, ponters, etc.  Thanks.

--
Ed Jabbour