On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 08:56:59PM -0500, Cal Evans wrote:
> Did you ever get an answer on this?
>
> there is now a (masked) package for PEAR-DB but even that won't fix the
> problem. Once that is emerged correctly it will complain that PEAR.php is
> missing.  I'm still trying to find that one.
> > Warning: main(DB.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
> > in /home/httpd/htdocs/squirrelmail-1.4.0/functions/db_prefs.php on line 35
> >
> > Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DB.php'
> > (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in
> > /home/httpd/htdocs/squirrelmail-1.4.0/functions/db_prefs.php on line 35

This is an indication that PEAR was not installed with the rest of PHP.
Presently, PEAR requires installing either dev-php/mod_php or
dev-php/php with the xml AND xml2 USE flags set. There is a message
displayed to this affect when you install them and you do not have them
set.

This is because PEAR requires these extensions to be in PHP, as it uses
XML for it's own data (mainly it's registry files).

I would strongly suggest ensuring that you did indeed compile with the
xml and xml2 USE flags.

In the near future, all of the PHP ebuilds will be hard depending on the
XML stuff (eg regardless of your USE flag) due to this issue.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : [EMAIL PROTECTED]