I cant really help you but heres a link that might help.

http://www.eleceng.adelaide.edu.au/Personal/dbowler/motiondetect.html

Also you could install windows software using codeweavers crossover office software.
That could allow you to shift to linux but still use a windows solution.

ken

Jerry McBride wrote:
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the tip. The situation is... the hardware is already in place... The
client just wants out of the proprietary windows software....

It'd be nice to get this all sewn up with a total linux solution.

Thanks.

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 08:50:35 +0200 Kenneth Karlsson