I've got gentoo running since January on my old HP Omnibook,
but I just for a Dell D400 at work (light and small)
and want to kill off WinXP. However, I need to be able to
boot up something on the new machine which has no ide or
scsi cdrom... just a usb cdrom.

I can't seem to get my gentoo disk to boot properly as the mounting
doesn't want to use a usb cdrom on the LiveCD.

I get:
mount: Mounting /newroot/dev/cdroms/* on
/newroot/mnt/cdrom failed: No such file or directory.

-- CD Not found

and I have a busybox prompt. But no modules that seem to give scsi
simulation and thus can't mount the cdrom.

Unless somebody has a better suggestion on how to get a working
filesystem, I'm going to try a debian install and bootstrap from there.

-- Jon/mycr0ft