Rasmus Wiman wrote:
> Thank you, but that was not what I was asking for. I know of several
> ways to back up an entire file system. The thing is that I don't see
> the need to back up things that could just as easily be rebuilt.
> Feels like a waste of diskspace to me since I don't need 99,99%
> uptime. What I'd like to do is backing up only things that can't be
> rebuilt and all information I need to rebuild the system.
>
> Any ideas?

Have you considered saving "History" once you have a working system to be
able to recreate what you did to get there?  That, and perhaps the list of
modules and the .config file from /usr/src/linux pretty well define a from
scratch build.  You might also like to record the partition information and
the /etc/fstab file.

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon