Sven Blumenstein wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:59:34 +0200
Michael Gruetzner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi there,

when I emerge mjpegtools-1.6.0-r7 I get the following error message.

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:377: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `movd'
{standard input}:440: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `movd'
make: *** [i686/yuv4.o] Error

it seems that this isn't an error in the package. What can I do?

Thanks for any help

Michael
--
printk(KERN_WARNING "%s: Short circuit detected on the lobe\n",
dev->name);

What are your CFLAGS? That error often occurs with too "hard"
optimizations. Searching the forum/bugs.gentoo.org for "movd" brings up
some post IIRC.
That is exactly what I found out after about an hour of desperation ;-)
I used a bit more "soft" CFLAGS and it worked...cool.

Michael

--
  .".
  /V\   [web ] http://0x1337.net                 | Behind every great