hello.

i had a similar problem when the cable was broken and sometimes wasn't
able to send things to the pc.
when moving or bending the cable works or prevents the mouse from
working, this could be your problem too.

the spot i bent was right next to the case of the mouse where the
buttons are.

hope i could help.

-- flo