On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 02:31:17PM +0100, Peter Ruskin wrote:
> On Sunday 15 Jun 2003 12:16, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > When this new version appears in portage, how can
> > I have it automatically replacing my local ebuild?
>
> Don't worry, it will do that by itself.

Are you sure about that?  It sounds like he wants the gentoo version of
icewm-1.2.8 to override his local version of icewm-1.2.8 (same
version/revision) when it comes out.  AFAIK any ebuilds in your
PORTDIR_OVERLAY will continue to take precedence over the gentoo ebuilds
unless the gentoo version or revision is newer.

Maybe negative revisions or something creative like that would solve this
problem?

Owen