brett holcomb wrote:
> You don't have a net file in /etc/init.d.  There is a net
> file in /etc/conf.d but you rc-update add net.eth0 default
> and it knows to take the net file and make it net.eth0 in
> /etc/init.d.  So use the net file.  If you have an eth1
> interface then you cp net net.eth1, modify it and
> rc-update add net.eth1 default.

Oh.  I misread where.  OK, I checked /etc/conf.d/net and it has the correct
iface_eth0='dhcp' command.

However, I noticed that I have moved buildings, and am now on a different
net and the gateway and broadcast addresses that net set up were wrong, so
it couldn't find the network.  That is why eth0 wouldn't come up.

Thanks for the pointers to get me looking in the right places!  Now if I can
just remember this when I get to the next step...  ;-})

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon
Barbershop Bass Singer