epm to the rescue! First make sure you have epm installed (emerge -u epm).
After that try:

$ epm -qf /etc/init.d/dns

Also the header in file might give you some information too.

Cheers,
Mike

-><-

"And don't tell me there isn't one bit of difference between null and
space, because that's exactly how much difference there is. :-)"
--Larry Wall in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>