you could always try something like

# cd /usr/portage/dev-perl
# export TREE=*
# emerge -vp $TREE

The problem with that is that it would including the whole tree, and you
might run into errors if a package is masked (and has no stable ebuilds).
Other than that your probably looking at a fancy find statement.

Cheers,
Mike

-><-

"And don't tell me there isn't one bit of difference between null and
space, because that's exactly how much difference there is. :-)"
--Larry Wall in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>