On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 12:46:33PM -0700, Zack Gilburd wrote:
> On Sunday 22 June 2003 09:45, Alan wrote:
> > Just saw the story on /. [0] saying that nvidia had released the
> > gart driver for linux.  The package[1] includes the nvaudio, nvnet and a
> > patch that throws nforce2 support into the agpgart section under
> > character devices in the kernel config.
> >
> > Just wondering if this is old news or not.  The page is dated June 11
> > but the agpgart patch applies 99% cleanly to the latest gaming-sources
> > kernel, making me think that this hasn't been applied yet.
> >
> > Anyone know?
> >

> > [0]
> > http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/06/22/0342259&mode=nested&tid=137&tid
> >=152&tid=185 [1] http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_nforce_1.0-0261
>
> Can you elaborate on 99%, please?  I don't think it's "old" news just yet
> (<troll> unless you're a Debian user, then it will be "OMFG NEWS NEWS WOW HOW
> COOL!" for the next 5 years </troll>), and since it was covered on /. I am
> _sure_ many devs saw the article.
>
> I imagine it will be in the tree soon enough.

:)  While I am a debian user (on a couple of my servers) I'm not a
troll.  By old news I mean that the page was dated june 11 but only
announced (well, on /. anyway) today.

By 99% I mean that there was one rejected part of the patch (already
applied in gaming sources anyway).

Loking a bit further it looks like it's just the agpgart/ide support
(maybe?).

alan

--
Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain