On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 08:51:57PM +0200, Jesper Blauendahl wrote:
> I get the following messeges during boot
>
> [...]
>
> I have a ASUS A7V8X-X motherboard with 6 USB 2.0 ports, but it seems
> like somthing goes wrong during boot.
>
> Do I need to set anything special in the kernel config?

   I have the A7V8X motherboard (with all the extras).  Are you using the
extended 'APIC' interrupt controller?  (I'd guess not from the messages
I'm seeing, or more accurately not seeing, in the cut section you gave.)
The Via controller on the A7V8X supports APIC, so you may want to turn on
'Local APIC support on uniprocessors' and 'IO-APIC support on uniprocessors'
in the kernel configuration.  This effectively gives you several more
interrupts that you can use, and could allow you to avoid this problem.

   It may be more complicated if you dual-boot a lot; I'm unfortunately no
expert in how much of this information is kept in the BIOS.  But trying
the APIC setup shouldn't hurt and may help.

     Bryan Feir