oom wrote:
Greetings gentooers!

This may have been discussed earlier but don't have time right now to
check, while reading GWN I noticed some of the new security vulns, CUPS
caught my eye as I was playing with it the other day..

so I did:
emerge sync
emerge world -u
<after download and install stuff>
I thought it would have updated cups too but..
 # emerge cups -p

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild    U ] net-print/cups-1.1.18-r5 [1.1.18-r4]

Is there a problem or have I mis-understood what portage does?

(1) regenworld (regenerates world file) (2) emerge sync (3) emerge -Du world (updates all packages)