> ---
>
> > LogLevel info
>
> 477c477
> < BrowseAddress @IF(eth0)
> ---
>
> > #BrowseAddress @IF(name)

That's the output from diff,

> Now I have a few question:
> 1.) What does the number mean [at diff]?

The numbers (for example 56c56) are the line numbers,

> 2.) What do < and > mean ?

"<" from the file 1 (original), ">" from the file 2 (new one),

> 3.) What does the broken line mean ?

I'd like to answer this, but i don't see any broken line, sorry,

> 4.) How would I fix this cupsd.conf thing?

Just delete the new file with your own. etc-update will give you easy to
follow instructions to do so.

The general output seems to be:

origfilelinenum c newfilelinenum
< different line from orig file
[or more than one difference]
- ---
> different line from new file
[or more than one difference]

In this exact case, there is no need to do anything in your new conf file,
just follow the instructions from etc-update to delete the new file, but
sometimes there are new versions of programs that need a new format for their
conf files, so you should check that everytime.

Cheers,
- --
         Juan Ángel
PGP key on pgp.rediris.es (8FAF18B7)