> > open-hook \\.gz$ "gzip -cd %f > %t"
> > close-hook \\.gz$ "gzip -c %t > %f"
> > append-hook \\.gz$ "gzip -c %t >> %f"
>
> Hm, this is strange, because I'm using the same .muttrc file on both
> my gentoo and debian box. I haven't defined those hooks anywhere, but
> still on debian it works...
>
> Could this be a difference in the patches perhaps ?

It is possible. Maybe debian has their own version of a compressed
folders patch. It is also possible that there is a 'source' command in
the debian .muttrc that includes another file with the hook, but usually
mutt will report errors when you start up mutt. If you were missing a
file that had it, I would expect you to have been notified about it.

--
Zachary P. Landau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0x24E5AD99 | http://kapheine.hypa.net/kapheine.asc