I've made the switch from redhat to gentoo and I like what I see but I have a
couple of questions.

1) Is there some form of mkinitrd?  I need to create a ramdisk to load some
modules (like reiserfs, evms, etc).  However I've installed stage1 and stage2
and I don't see the program anywhere.

2) Is there a way to search the portage tree for a paticular program?  In this
case it would be nifty if I could search for mkinitrd even if it is in a
package that doesn't have the name in its title.

3) I made a Raid 1 partition for /boot.  Can i do this and boot with grub?

Thanks
Amith