## DATA >>> lunedě 30 giugno 2003
## ORA  >>> 14:32

[>] Sigurd [<] > when trying to burn as a user.  Doesnt appear to be affecting
anything,
[>] Sigurd [<] > but is there a way to fix it.  Seems to be a devfs problem
[>] Sigurd [<] > ** WARNING **: alert_user_of_error: You are probably not running
[>] Sigurd [<] > cdrecord as root or you have the wrong permissions on the burner
device
[>] Sigurd [<] As I read it, you have no problem burning your cdr, you just want to
get that
[>] Sigurd [<] irritating message to dissapear. Well, I suppose the reason for it is
that if
[>] Sigurd [<] cdrecord is not setuid it will not be able to jack up the priority, so
If you
[>] Sigurd [<] run other programs, have no buffer underrun protection, and a cdr drive
with
[>] Sigurd [<] little cache, it might not be able to get enough resources to the
burner.
[>] Sigurd [<] But if you have buffer underrun protection, there should be no problem
at all.

Here anybody can find at least two solutions for this problem:
http://www.abo.fi/~jmunsin/gcombust/FAQ.shtml

Bye,

--