On 2003.06.30 14:36, Simon Mushi wrote:
Greetings people,

I have been having a problem configging SSH . I have setup a user key
using teh rsa2 protocol. And when I try to start the sshd daemon I an
eroor that :
->Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
->Disabling protocol version 2. Could not load host key
->sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting.

how do i go about creating sucka host key ..I cannot find anything
intuitive to that point in teh documenattion

This should be handled the first time you run the ssh init script for ssh:

/etc/init.d/sshd start

That should create your host keys. You can also add that to your default runlevel to launch it automatically on boot.

-Chris I

Fanaticism consists of redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim.
-- George Santayana