I installed courier-imap to serve only the localhost (in order to access
a local maildir  via Kmail without allowing Kmail to take over the maildir
...). It works. The problem is that courier-imap is not compatible with
xinetd, and I want to deny access from all but the localhost; this is done
by iptables, but I don't feel comfortable with only one line of defense!
I believe tcpserver would be appropriate, but I don't understand it well
enough. I suppose that /etc/runlevels/default/courier-imapd should be
substituted
by some script invoking courier-imap via tcpserver... And is courier-imap
compatible with tcpserver at all?
Anyone with this kind of setup?

--
Jorge Almeida