Dear Lloyd,

I had a similar problem with bridged network tending to disappear
sometimes. It used to happen just after I recompiled my kernel.. and the
had to re-run the vmware-config script again and re-define a few network
details... it takes less than a minute..it is usually located under
/opt/vmware/bin

Best,

Simon