Thx ppl,

OK...I am now able to start and stop the setiathome process via the init.d
scripts. And I added it to my defult run-level so it should run on boot.
By defualt I boot to the console.

However, from time to time I also run teh gui-frontend (xsetiathome)..when
I run it.. how can I get it to hook onto teh setiathome process and show
the results.. simply running ./xsetiathome doesn;t work.

Thanks

Simon