On Tue 1 July 2003 13:04, you wrote:
> On 30/6/03 11:28 am, "Paul Stear" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I may be missing something but I have been trying to get a usb storage
> > device to work and to get my dv camera to work via my firewire board.
> >
> > Is their a how-to, user guide, instructions, etc that I can look at?
> > If anyone has these items working perhaps they will be kind enough to
> > send me instructions and copies of any config files.
>snip>
Thanks for all who responded,

This is what I have done so far.
emerged hotplug
rc-update add default hotplug - this has given me sda*

The following is for my pendrive
entry in /etc/fstab   /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbHD vfat noauto,defaults,users 0 0
Created a Harddisk icon on the desktop, named it usbHD user "your user name"
group users, device /dev/sda1 mount point /mnt/usbHD

This works fine, now I need to figure out how to get my usb iconcepts Web Cam
2 Go Kit or a ICM532 mini PC Camera and my firewire dv camera to work.

Any help very welcome
regards
Paul
--