Try using -ncurses in the USE variable. I had that a while back and that made it work. Since then I haven't had to do that though.

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:35:14 -0400
 "Frank J. Mattia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I just started my second installation of a gentoo system and i noticed that i picked the right time too (with all of the portage problems going on ;) . However, im not sure if my problem is related directly to portage or just this package.

im doing an emerge system and i consistantly get this error. Does anyone know what it could mean? What i do know is that it happens during the configure script for the ncurses library and it happens right after it checks for how to run the C++ preprocessor

configure: error: C++ preprocessor /lib/cpp failed sanity check

!!! ERROR: sys-libs/ncurses-5.3-r1 failed.
!!! Function econf, Line 273, Exitcode 1.
!!! econf failed

Any ideas or suggestions anyone?

Thank you,
Frank J. Mattia