What you need...

emerge -u openssh
emerge shfs

rc-update add sshd boot

Once it's loaded, you're ready to go. I didn't fool with automount aspect of
shfs, so that portion is on you. However, I added my desired shfs shares to
/etc/fstab... a simple mount command and the resource is mounted securely.

Fstab sample follows:

# /etc/fstab:

#shfs mount

[EMAIL PROTECTED]               /mnt/sid        shfs            defaults 0 0

To mount this, I issue a: mount /mnt/sid