I am trying to use a Sony PCMCIA Cardbus CDROM (PCGA-CD51/A), and my machine locks up everytime. I have tryied configuring PCMCIA support in the 2.4.21 kernel to be built both as a module, and in the kernel. I have tried with the all the various options in the menuconfig with no success. I also have as a module the PCMCIA IDE device, and enable both Generic IDE support, and PCI IDE Sharing.

I get the first beep telling me that cardmgr has located the CDROM in the database, but right after that it hard locks the machine.

I have moved this same CDROM over to another Sony laptop (different model) running gentoo and it works flawlessly.

Hopefully this is just a interrupt, or I/O port issue....

If anyboday knows please let me know.

Weston