On Friday 04 July 2003 20:14, drewbian wrote:
<snip>
> The version I want to ebuild is
> ctwm-3.7-alpha4 and I'm just wandering how I would version the ebuild?
> so far the only way I have managed to get it to work is by calling the
> ebuild ctwm-3.7-r1.ebuild and placing -alpha4 after ${P} within the
> ebuild file e.g.
>
> SRC_URI="http://ctwm.free.lp.se/preview/${P}-alpha4.tar.gz";
<snip>

You should name the ebuild ctwm-3.7_alpha4.ebuild, but you're fetching it
in the proper manner. Future revisions would be ctwm-3.7_alpha4-r#.ebuild.

" Any of these suffixes may be immediately followed by a non-zero positive
integer, e.g., linux-2.4.0_pre10. Assuming identical version parts, the
suffixes are ordered as follows (lower means older): _alpha < _beta < _pre
< _rc < (no suffix) < _p "

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/policy.xml