I have been playing with openmosix kernel.
During the boot process, hdparm causes a lot of disk activity for
a long period (>2 mins) and does not activate the dma, for ex.

I have *not* changed the configuration from previous kernels.

hdparm program commands work fine!

I tried to launch the script manually. The same thing happens and
the computer remained blocked even crashed my X-kde session.

I tried to debug placing "ewarns" into the script but I only got
1 output - procedure checkconfig just before the first "for".
   for i in `dir /dev/discs`

   dir /dev/discs manually executed gives a correct response!
   disc0 disc1 disc2

Perhaps the ewarn outputs are somehow buffered.
Is there a better way to debug the rc scripts?

I can't see any reason for this strange behaviour.

Thanks for any help.