I've just gotten the base system installed 2 days ago and have tried to
install KDE, but it fails in "kde_src_compile" line 123 with an exit error
telling me that it can't find freetype2 (sorry that I don't have the actual
output - have halted my laptop) in

 /var/tmp/portage/freetype//usr/lib/libfreetype.la

or the like (see the to slashes //) - freetype2 is installed and
libfreetype.la is in /usr/lib but the kde_src_compile scripte wants to find
it in /var/tmp/portage/freetype//usr/lib

I've tried to create a bug, but the bugs.gentoo.org list wont send any mails
to me, so this is kinda my last resort !!!

the kde version in the portage tree before and after emerge sync is 3.1.2 with
a few older kde 3 ebuild versions.

--
Bjarke Bruun - E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://bbj.b-nss.com
   __   _