On Tuesday 08 July 2003 02:21 am, Arturo di Gioia wrote:
> a configuration problem, but I don't know where to check. Obviously I'm
> in desperate need to find and solve this problem, or I'll be forced to
> drop Gentoo for a more standard distribution (it would be a hell).

What makes you think this is a Gentoo problem?  If this is indeed a software
problem (which I doubt) then it's the kernel's fault, not Gentoo's.  I think
that the MAC changing is a problem with the card itself, seeing as how the
MAC is not adjustable (unless you have a semi-rare NIC that allows MAC
adjustment).  IMHO, you should look into another NIC.

--
Zack Gilburd
 http://tehunlose.com