. wrote:
Following up on my mplayer help post, I decided to assume that it was the radeon card that caused mplayer to break. I tried to emerge the ati-drivers package, but that resulted in this error:

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" sudo emerge ati-drivers
Password:
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) media-video/ati-drivers-2.9.8 to /
* Switching to xfree OpenGL interface... [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...

!!! ERROR: media-video/ati-drivers-2.9.8 failed.
!!! Function src_unpack, Line 27, Exitcode 0
!!! Please download fglrx-glc22-4.3.0-2.9.8.i586.rpm from http://www.ati.com or http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/body_download_ati.html (fetch glx1_linux_X4.3.zip and unpack it)

I couldn't find anything for 4.3.0 at ati.com, so I grabbed the glx1_linux_X4.3.zip file from schneider-digital.de.

Next problem Check.sh failes to run correctly. I've done a fair amount of script writing/debugging, but this one has me baffled. Here's some error output from it:

# ./Check.sh : bad interpreter: No such file or directory #

# sh ./Check.sh
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found:
: command not found:
: command not found:
'/Check.sh: line 98: syntax error near unexpected token `
'/Check.sh: line 98: `GetOsInfo()
#

My questions are:

1. Anyone had this problem with the Check.sh script? Better yet, know how to fix it?

2. I'm new to unpackaging rpms and installing them on gentoo, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list

Since I didn't get a response for this, I thought I'd post what fixed it for me.

I had to remove the If statements towards the beginning of Check.sh that will change i[345]86 to i686. This got the script to stop failing, but it would then error out with:
"No package available for glibc 2.3. Try fglrx-glibc22-X43.tgz"

So I changed:
2)
        PackageName="${MODULE}-glibc22${x_package_suffix}.tgz"

to:
2|3)
        PackageName="${MODULE}-glibc22${x_package_suffix}.tgz"

This caused Check.sh to say everything was OK.

At this point emerge-ing ati-drivers was still failing. It took some digging into the emerge code to figure out that you have to move the rpm file I downloaded per the error message instructions to $PORTDIR/$DISTFILES (/usr/portage/distfiles on my system). It was still erroring out, because the latest version on the web was 4.3.0-2.9.13, and the emerge code was looking for 4.3.0-2.9.8. Simply renaming the rpm file to have .8 instead of .13.

taddaa .. then it worked.