On Tuesday 08 July 2003 20:15, Frédéric COIFFIER wrote:
> In the kernel, the ACPI must be disabled
>
> Or, in lilo.conf :
>
> append="acpi=off"

Why do you think that?
What has ACPI common with the nvidia modul?

I must admit IO-APIC is a real mad option, causing all forms of problems, but
ACPI? I really need it to get my board running properly (and a lot of people
to).

Long startup times have often some problem somewhere else, like a fontconfig
mismatch, or missing, incorrect /etc/hostname when kdm/kde is starting slow
and so on.

X starts in less than 2sec, with the latest nvidia-drivers, ACPI and a lot of
other stuff (I am a ~x86 man) so, it is maybe something completly different.

Glück Auf
Volker