On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:

> So I thought to myself why not go for a change?  My thought was to unmerge
> courier-imap and emerge courier so that I get an all in one package and
> can use courier specific utilities for smtp and mail filtering
> (maildrop?).  Does that sound reasonable?  What are my other alternatives?

All the different parts of a courier mail system are completely
independent.  If you wanted to replace procmail with maildrop, you could
do just that.  It looks like the package is called 'maildrop' instead of
'courier-maildrop'.  Just change the mailbox_command in postfix from
procmail to maildrop.

When I looked at maildrop, the syntax of the config file looked much
easier.  It might be a little more versatile, too, although I haven't
played around with either enough to say with any authority.  The area
where it fell down for us, which probably won't be an issue for a home
user, is that it does not support quotas.

--
Marshal Newrock, Simon's Rock College of Bard
Caution: product may be hot after heating