Hi,

I want to connect to kdm so I can log in as any user. SuSE 8.2 does
this easily and VNC is started via xinetd with:

# prompt. This VNC connection has a resolution of 1024x768, 16bit depth.
service vnc10
{
type         = UNLISTED
port         = 5910
socket_type  = stream
protocol     = tcp
wait         = no
user         = nobody
server       = /usr/X11R6/bin/Xvnc
server_args = :42 -inetd -once -query localhost -geometry 1024x768 -depth 16

I tried this setting in xdm-config

! SECURITY: do not listen for XDMCP or Chooser requests
! Comment out this line if you want to manage X terminals with xdm
!DisplayManager.requestPort:  0

...and this in kdmrc:
[Xdmcp]
Enable=true
Willing=/etc/X11/xdm/Xwilling
Xaccess=/etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess

...but I'm still getting the standard ugly fvm(?) Window! Has anyone
ever managed to get this working?

Thorsten
--
 children under the age of 18