On Wednesday 09 July 2003 21:00, Marshal Newrock wrote this in an
attempt to be witty and informative:
> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
> > From a friend of mine running Gentoo 1.4rc4 (installed from
> > stage1):
> >
> > "my hpt372 controller to which my hdds are connected to... i keep
> > getting hdg: lost interrupt error on kernel load. and the kernel
> > never finished loading in several attempts. looking like a driver
> > problem.... seems i remeber this problem with RH a long time ago on
> > my other machine with had a hpt 370, but i dont remeber the fix"
> >
> > I'm asking for him 'cause he doesn't sign up for mailing lists.
> > Please help, this is rather urgent.
>
> Which kernel is he using?  For 2.4.20, I had to use the -ac tree,
> though I believe the hpt drivers got merged into 2.4.21.  It will say
> exactly which chips are supported in make menuconfig.

He says he has them loaded, then it will go "hdg lost interrupt" three
times, then list hdparams three times, then it goes through the CD-ROMS
just fine. It does everything else okay, but occassionaly will say "hdg
interrupt lost" (goes through hdh, hde, hdg). Starts to boot, but
encounters that problem

IDE_DMA proc: chipset supported IDE_DMA_ lost IRQ func only: 13 lost
hdg, lost interrupt hdg 0 bytes in fifo.