On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 16:57, "Stefan" wrote:
> Just add this to the append line in lilo, or you add it to the boot line in
> grub:
>
> vga=791 for example does 1024x768
>
> but framebuffer has to be compiled into the kernel!!

Works here without framebuffer support

I'm no expert but have a few observations on this. My card is an nvidia
geforce 2mx dual head, and I use lilo rather than grub.

vga=0x164 in lilo.conf works for me and I don't have framebuffer support
compiled.

vga=ask will give you a list to choose from and a prompt to type your
choice, typing "scan" at the prompt will give you a different list
again. IIRC you get different lists if you compile framebuffer support.

framebuffer causes console lockups for me when switching to x with
ctrl-alt-f7, something to do with nvidia drivers. I can switch from x
ok, but can't switch back, which is why I don't use it.

You may also want to alter or disable the console font in /etc/rc.conf

Hope that helps :)

Yorkshire Dave

Scanned by MailScanner at wot.no-ip.com