[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 02:28:34AM, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

emerge unmerge gnome && emerge -p depclean

I figured I'd try to throw my modest Perl programming skills at this problem. First my script will parse the output of 'emerge -ep gnome'. It will then run 'qpkg -q package' on every package in the list. If there is nothing that depends on it that wasn't in the first list after it, then it goes on the list of packages that are safe to delete. I'll post it when I get it working.

Isn't this what emerge depclean does ? check if a package is a dependency of an installed package (= registered
in the worldfile) or a dependency of a dependency of an installed package?

Yes, but it doesn't seem to do it very well. Also, this program is specifically designed to uninstall multi-package programs like gnome or kde.

--
Andrew Gaffney